Wednesday 13 May 2009

Nutella cookies!

Hello there!

For my very first post, i'm going to show you how to make nutella cookies. I found the original recipie here.

Photobucket


I decided to modify it a little, because I enjoy experimenting, and also have a rather unfortunate dislike of nuts. Here is my edited recipe!

Nutella Cookies

1 1/3 cup plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
7 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temp.
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup Nutella Chocolate Spread
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (white chocolate is best if you want them to stand out! If you cant find chocolate chips, grating a bar of chocolate can give a similar effect)
1 tbsp Golden Syrup
1tsp milk (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F (180C)

Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside dry ingredients.

Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in Nutella, golden syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix in egg, and add milk if you want.

Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips.

Drop blobs of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for about 11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then carefully remove to cooling racks.

Photobucket

all done! Now enjoy! I found that they tasted quite similar to Millies cookies; have I discovered their secret recipe? My flatmates loved these; they were fighting over who got the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment